Monday, September 29, 2008

Rich Chinese Dudes

Last night I watched the Packer game over the Internet.  The thing kept freezing at first but it got better as time went on.  The quality was shitty... but hey, I got to watch the game at least!  In the commercial breaks it was flipping between the gamecast of the Brewers game and the Mets game.  At least that situation turned out well... actually amazing, considering I have never seen the Brewers go to the playoffs ever! Fuck Ben Sheets, without Sabathia we would be absolutely nowhere.  My thoughts on the only Packer game I've seen this season... where is the running game and where is the run defense?  We need at least one of those to succeed and in Tampa we had neither.  Went home after the Packer game (I watched it in an Internet cafe) and chatted it up with Jose until the Mets lost.

So I did wake up this morning dutifully after 4 hours of sleep and I was right- I was going to Guangzhou!  This was great news to me because it meant that I had a two hour ride to sleep... but when I entered the car there was a 19yo Chinese hottie with a very wealthy (and fucking mad cool)  father.  I had met two of this guys kids already, but today I found out he had 4 and met the rest of them.  That's awfully ballin in a country with the one child policy...

So I talked a bit on the ride and slept for about an hour, woke up feeling a LOT better.  In Guangzhou we ate a baller ass lunch and I got a bit tipsy off a lot of red wine... the Chinese way of getting drunk at a festive dinner by toasting everyone.  It was me, my assistant principle... who is kinda like a host mother here and is the one who introduced me to all the rich dudes, mr moneybags, the 19yo daughter and his 2 sons, my assistant principle's son, the rich guy's driver, and his son's university art professor.  The rich guy toasted the art professor mad times, got him tipsy, gave him a couple grand, and sent him off by paying for his cab and giving him a box of fruit or something.  Hellofa way to make friends with your son's teachers...

In China you can eat in a private room if you got a group.  It's got a private bathroom for sure and you have a private waitress or two that tends to the table and keeps the wine glasses not full... but with about a shot in a half in them, so you can toast and kill the glass of wine at any time without chugging or anything.  

So after lunch we went to a massive science museum but only to buy shit at the gift shop and check out the lobby.  Then we drove back to Shenzhen.  I talked to the girl in the backseat for a while and passed out again, went to my assistant principle's house for a simple dinner, taught her 20yo son to play Uno, and now its 9:30 and I'm watching the season finale of Heroes season one in my room. Bought season 2 for $3 on the way home.  Tomorrow, being treated to lunch at 11 am, leaving for the beach with all the characters from today at 1pm, going swimming by 5 and staying in a nice ass hotel.  I'd date that girl, I'm really thinking about it, but her college is kind of remote and far away and I don't know when I'd get to see her.  Probably not a good idea.  But the year is going well.  Networking effortlessly.  I'm going to be teaching until I get the skills and the connections  to live the Chinese dream- get fucking loaded and unleash my inner balla!

No comments: