Monday, September 29, 2008

Flat Screen Dreams

So last night my TV broke midway threw the second episode of Heroes season 2.  Fucking bummer! Especially since I cant get it fixed for a while.  I can't contact the necessary parties at my school until they get off of vacation, and I can't get my man James Jones, our coordinator for the Shenzhen program, to put the screws on my school and force them to take action until later either.  So right now its just me stuck with a broken TV.  

Is this a problem or an opportunity?  I'm thinking 47inch plasma.  $1000.  I just barely have the money, and at that price, including mall mount and installation... I really don't know if it is even possible to say no.  Am I excessive? Most definitely.  Hey man, I gotta start being a baller sometime, and that time seems to be right now.  If I buy this TV... It means another year in China.  Another year in Shenzhen.  To be honest I'd rather be here.  The weather is bomb.  Way nicer than northern China.  Shenzhen was China's first experiment with the free market, and it is one of the best cities for opportunities.  I really like that.  In 20 minutes I leave for the beach.  I'm excited.  It should be a lot of fun.  I'm pretty pumped.  When I get back?  Buyin that fuckin TV!

1 comment:

Jose said...

just make sure it isn't too large for the room if you're to close to one of the big ones it can be shitty something smaller with the same res might be nicer