Wednesday, October 1, 2008

beaches and babes, and free time

The answer to the TV problem- 42".  I won't lie, that's a lot bigger than my dick.  The 47" was 6999RMB, I paid 5660RMB for my 42".  That comes out to $827 USD.  Not too bad.  I got Konika, it's the cheapest brand.  Looked all right in the store though.  I only expect this TV to last about two years.  They should be coming tomorrow to bring it and install it on my wall.  I'm pumped.  I bought an expensive surge protector, the last thing I want is a TV fucked up by the crazy power situation here.  Maybe I should have brought my PS3... idk.  Trying to spend my time doing physical activity and being creative, TV is my last priority every day, and so is a little ridiculous that I spent so muck on it, but whatever.  Hopefully I can use it as a display for my camera etc.  

My creative pursuits at the moment?  This blog for one is the new one.  Thinking about writing a novel... still thinking about it, writing a novel would be soo soo hard.  I mean writing one would be easy, but writing a decent one would be hard, and getting a first novel published is impossible.  Maybe I could do it, I don't want to take the whole thing too seriously, and If I write one it will be innovative let me assure you.  My Journal is becoming a little more of a sketchbook... mostly pen and ink drawings, sometimes with colored pencils.  I may invest in some paints, I think it would be better if I could get some wood or linoleum or something to cut out of to do my woodcuts, I already have my cutting knives with me.  If I write the book I will for sure illustrate it.

Sports have been important too.  I spend a good deal of time biking around on my mountain bike.  I like to play basketball.  Thinking about running a little more around the 200m track, that might be a good thing to do.  I really need to buy some weights at Walmart.  I can get some of the dumbbells that you can take weight on and off of.  My appetite has greatly increased since my system has gotten used to food here, so its time to regain all the strength I've lost recently.  Nothing serious, but I got all the time in the world and no excuse not to get fit any more.

So, back to my trip to the beach.  It was a tun of fun.  We went to the beach just on the other side of town, it wasn't far at all.  WE stayed at the Sheraton.  The Sheraton? One of the most baller hotels I've ever seen.  It had a massive outdoor pool, it was just off the beach, and everything was just beautifully designed, from the 30 foot tall glass sculpture hanging in the lobby to the massive bathrooms- as big as the rooms.  At the hotel I went swimming with the son of our assistant principle, the 19yo and 15yo rich girls, and their 14yo brother.  The 15yo old was all over me.  Why not you say?  No man I'm not pulling that kind of shit.  If I'm still here in three years, maybe.  Both the rich girls have boyfriends... a godsend because I don't want to think about the young one and I don't want to pretend to do long distance and have to cheat on the sly.  

The kids asked why I wasn' t dating another foreign teacher.  I'm pretty tired of American girls right now to be honest.  Never really had a bad case of the yellow fever, but I'm trying to get a Chinese girlfriend that thinks I'm the shit.  They go crazy over white guys.  I'm trying to be appreciated.  Its not too easy finding a decent Chinese gf right now.  I don't really have that much contact with Chinese girls my age.  There aren't any universities near me, all the universities here are on the edges of the cities, and I'm right downtown in the center of things.  My best chance is meeting one at McDonald's or on the street at night while I chill out and eat street food.  Meeting girls in the bar here is easy... but they are without a doubt all hoes or total gold diggers.  I've met girls on the bus in the past, but I have a bike so I don't use the bus much.  If I'm serious about getting a Chinese gf I need to stop spending all my time with my American friends and start spending more time out and about, and I'm not sure if I'm there yet.

It felt so good to swim in the ocean, I felt like a fish.  Today was the first day I've felt cool outside in Shenzhen.  No AC necessary today, the temperature was perfect.  A little cloudy.  The ocean was the temperature where it took me a few seconds to get in, but I got in fast enough and it felt great.  Its nice to feel the saltwater in your mouth and the taste the sweetness of freshwater again.  I've been writing for long enough so I'm off to lay down for a few minutes before I go out to play ping pong (which contrary to popular belief here in China is NOT a real sport) and go for a walk.  Can't wait to get the flatscreen tomorrow and solve all of my problems!

1 comment:

Dieter said...

nice shit bro
i made a thingie for the my falling with style experience right now i lost my fucking german book so i just wrote something real quick

dillymilly.blogspot.com