Wednesday, October 1, 2008

3am vigil for the Brew Crew

No disrespect to the Cubs, FUCK THE CUBS!  I hope they fall to the Dodgers! They won't though.  Whatever.  Its now around 10pm here in China and I just ate a lot of fucking hot sauce and beer.  I'd love to smoke a cigarette right now... but I keep that shit far away from me so that I am not tempted in these moments of drunkenness (but I'm not drunk at all only drank enough to crave a cig, which aint really that drunk.)  I haven't smoked a cig in weeks and I've smoked like 5 cigarettes in the last 6 weeks since coming to China.  When you ball every day, those cig's really make themselves felt after you played a few games and worked up a sweat.  

US Politics:  Fuck the Bailout!  No money for rich bankers!  Seriously, if Bush came up with the plan, it's totally crooked.  They are trying to rob Americans of 700 billion dollars and ram it down out throats by threatening that there will be a disaster if we don't pay off the corrupt bankers.  Fuck all that.  I'm not an economist, but I was under the impression that bailouts and such made the great depression last so fucking long.  I find the whole thing interesting though.  When my grandma was 21 (my age) the stock market crashed (1929).  Now I got something in common with her (may she RIP).  Probably reincarnated already (yeah I believe in past lives and all that crazy shit).  

I'm not really around, but to me it seems the US economy is going to shit, and to voice the Chinese perspective, they are really scared.  The US is their biggest market.  Stocks here are hurting.  Me?  I don't give a fuck about the US economy.  I predicted a shitty economy, that's why I left.  I wonder how many people will apply to teach here next year, maybe they can finally afford to be selective.  Last year my "interview" consisted of our figurehead, retired Professor William O'Donnell, trying to convince me to take the job.  I was expecting him to ask me something about my qualifications or something.  He didn't call a single reference of mine.

Really pumped about the Brewers playoffs.  I'm buying the package now, at 3am when the game goes on I will either listen to it in my room over Internet radio or go to an Internet cafe and try to get video over a better connection, but I don't know if that will work particularly well, may be a very shitty connection, many bandwidth problems here due to censors etc.

My prediction for the crew?  If they win Game one, they progress, If they lose, they probably will lose the series.  If they win game one Sabathia pitches a perfect game 2, and we take the series in Milwaukee in three or four.  If we lose today, we lose in game 5. 

Tomorrow night they install my TV... : )

2 comments:

Jose said...

think about using myp2p.eu to watch the games free streaming video. its how i watch the packers game. im proud of your restraint with the 42'' instead of the 47''. fuck the fucking bailout... im prolly getting spanish citizenship next year... maybe ill emmigrate... i am an economist and fuck the bailout... the secret service is cancelling class tommorow because of the vp debate ... what sort of novel are you thinking of writing?

Dieter said...

nice shit man